Most people enjoy a short respite before their university life begins. Farzana Sufi chose to make the most of her free time by taking up a hobby; increasing her proficiency of computer basics, for example, Microsoft Digital Literacy followed by a brief introduction to graphic design. Little did she know that years later with hardwork and dedication, she would be developing her once-assumed hobby into a full-fledged skillset, landing her a career in freelance graphic designing.
Ms. Farzana Sufi previously held the role of an Assistant Manager of the marketing department at a multinational company. Although associated with the creative industry, her work there was not related to the design aspects. Later on, she left that position to pursue a full-time career as a freelancer, to achieve a work-life balance suitable for her.
During this session, Sajid Islam, Founder & CEO of Hubdhaka Coworking(Bangladesh’s first and largest coworking space) will sit down with Farzana Sufi (Graphic Designer at Freelancer.com). He aims to find out what kind of efforts went into acquiring her skillset, how she made the transition and what it has been like for her.
Even though this is a facebook live online event, we strongly recommend that you register.
Benefits of registering:
1. Arrive on time and don’t miss anything. We will send you a reminder email before we start.
2. We will email you the location of the recorded video for future playback.
3. Receive updates on future speakers.
Who is it for?
Anyone hoping to pursue a career in freelance graphic designing. The discussion will also reveal tips that can aid freelance graphic designers to improve the quantity and quality of their work.
Why should you join?
Ms. Farzana Sufi did not sugarcoat her lackings and the efforts she invested in developing her skills. The know-how she obtained through her experience will provide detailed relevant advice for emerging as well as established freelance graphic designers. Ignorance has never been, nor will it ever be blissful; it is painful and results in a loss of income, productivity, and growth. What you don’t know can’t help you. Join the session and grow.
Here are some of the questions that will be covered during the show:
- When and why she decided to take the leap?
- What kind of efforts went into acquiring and developing her skills?
- What kind of platforms and tools did she use to further her career?
- What factors drive her decision on choosing team members?
- How she dealt with and maintained her work ethics?
- How should struggling freelancers address and improve the quantity and quality of their work?